Policies & Procedures
Platinum Pontoon ask you to read over and follow our policies and procedures. To help make the check-in process smooth, please arrive 30 minutes before reserved time, watch the required video below, and have all forms signed.download Boater Waiver
Requirements for rental
*Drivers of any watercraft must prove AND CARRY while driving their proof of Michigan Boating Safety Card (See Below for State of Michigan Law)
**Drivers must be 21 years old or more.
boating safty education
Boaters born after June 30, 1996 and most personal watercraft operators who operate a vessel in Michigan must have a boater education card (boating safety certificate). There are a few different ways to earn your boating safety certificate:
- Take a boating safety class at www.boatEd.com
- Take and pass the final exam
- Print out your permanent Michigan boating safety certificate once you have successfully completed the court and passed the exam
Find a classroom-based boater safety education course. You can enter your zip code to search for classes near you.
Please note things that are not permitted on
Platinum Pontoon Boats and will reflect in
an additional charge.
- NO grills or flames
- NO smoking
- NO more than 10 people per boat
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Arrive 30 minutes early
- Fill fuel before returning
- Have forms signed on pick up
- Be prepared to drive your own boat
Upon return of a Platinum Pontoon boat, the boat will be inspected for damages and requirements.
We strive to keep our pontoons clean. Before your step aboard, we promise to do everything below to make your experience.
- Wipe all seats, floors, and dash with leather cleaner
- All painted panels wiped with mist and shine
- Motor wiped with mist and shine
- Cover boat and motor at the end of the night
If you have any questions, please contact us by email or call.